WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Improving Gravity Forms Accessibility
Gravity Forms version 2.5 introduced a host of new accessibility improvements that are now available to users of WiscWeb. These improvements may not be on by default so we suggest that users review this documentation to learn more about how to make their forms more accessible.
Please Note:The vendor advises that you test the new markup before disabling legacy markup.
Disabling Legacy Markup
The biggest change that Gravity Forms made to allow for more accessible forms was to disable their legacy markup. This is a setting that you will have to toggle off in the Form Settings. These steps will have to be completed for each form on your site.
- Navigate to the Forms link in your dashboard (Note: this will only show up if you have Gravity Forms enabled on the site)
- Search for your form in the list
- Hover over the title and then choose Settings > Form Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Form Settings page and locate the Form Options box
- Locate the toggle for Enable Legacy Markup and make sure that it is turned off
Tip: You'll know it is turned off it it shows in gray and has a white circle with an "x" in it off to the left side of the toggle
- Save your form
Additional Accessibility Considerations
In addition to toggling off the legacy markup view, there are a few other ways in which you can improve the accessibility of your Gravity Forms forms. Primarily, they involve using caution when adding certain fields or input types to your form. Certain fields and input types are known to be inaccessible and alternatives should be sought.
Gravity Forms will show a warning in the Field Settings if a field or input is inaccessible.
More information about these inaccessible fields (and what the accessibility warning looks like) can be found in Gravity Forms' Accessibility Warning documentation.
- If you notice an issue with a Gravity Forms form that limits your ability to fill out the form, please relay these concerns to the WiscWeb team via our Customer Support Form. We can provide feedback directly to the vendor in hopes that they will make changes.