This document details website support at Russell Labs.
- Russell Labs faculty, staff, and students; Hub staff
Russell Labs No Longer Hosts or Supports WordPress Websites
A few years ago, we retired or moved existing websites elsewhere (DoIT or CALS Web Services).
Who to Contact For Support if You Used to Have a WordPress Website at Russell Labs
Contact CALS Web Services via this form.
How to Tell if CALS Web Services Hosts Your Existing WordPress Website
Look for a dark gray bar at the bottom of a page:
Alternatives for Faculty Lab Website Hosting
Notes on CALS and WiscWeb Website Support:
- They offer website hosting – an unfurnished house.
- You are responsible for furnishing the house, cleaning and maintaining it (creating content, updating it, and checking for broken links).
- They can answer questions about your website.
- Both providers offer training resources on how to update content on your website. The resources may include instructions and webinars.
- Please plan ahead – both hosting providers serve wide audiences.
Please direct questions about department website content to:
Entomology - PJ Liesch
Forest and Wildlife Ecology - complete this form
Plant Pathology - complete this form
- Contact CALS Web Services for:
- Support for an existing WordPress website they host
- To ask about new WordPress websites
- Contact the DoIT Help Desk for:
- Support for an existing WordPress website WiscWeb hosts
- Restoring old websites:
- We cannot restore old websites created by students who once worked at Russell Labs.
- Check the Wayback Machine in the Internet Archive.
Websites do not live forever. They require ongoing maintenance to stay compliant with campus and federal laws.
When you leave a website behind, you abandon it. Hosting providers may remove abandoned websites.
Top of Form