Remote access to CAE software (Citrix XenApp)
How to use Citrix XenApp to remotely access CAE software
With the Engineering Duo rollout, you will now need to use remote.engr.wisc.edu whenever you wish to use Citrix Xen App. You will no longer be able to log in using the Citrix Workspace app, however it can still be used as a method to access applications if you need to access files stored on your local hard drive (See Step 5B). That being said, we do recommend using the light version, as there are fewer variables that can cause issues.
- Navigate to remote.engr.wisc.edu and log in with your CAE credentials
- You will now be prompted to login with Duo. Either enter a password or send a Push notification to your mobile device
- You will now see a message about acceptable use of Citrix XenApp. Please read it and click Accept
- You should now see a page asking how you would like to use Citrix. As mentioned above, we do recommend using the light version, however, you are able to use the Citrix Workspace application as well:
- If you selected the light version, see part A; If you wish to use Citrix Workspace, see part B below: