Student Advisory Committee for COVID Planning
Time Frame: November 2020 – May 2021; will meet weekly or bi-weekly; day/time to be determined
Chair: ASM Vice Chair
Constituent groups represented (no more than 12 students total):
Purpose: To create a student advisory committee** to provide feedback about the implementation and communication of plans for increased testing and other related safety strategies as part of UW-Madison’s response to the COVID-19 epidemic. The advisory committee will provide feedback to Dr. Argyle Wade from Student Affairs who will be working as part of a team to implement these strategies for the spring 2021 semester. The role of this advisory committee will be to provide feedback on the operational aspects of the work, seek input from other students, and communicate with appropriate constituents. Time commitment should be approximately 1-2 hours a week.
*It is important that this advisory committee include students from marginalized identities and abilities.
**Feedback from graduate students will be sought through student advisory committees affiliated with the Graduate School.
- First year student living on campus (1)
- International student (1)
- House Fellow (1)
- Fraternity/sorority student (1)
- Dean of Students Advisory Council (1)
- Wisconsin Union Council (1)
- ASM representative (1)
- Senior Class Officers representative (1)
- Students at large (3)* (possibly including students of color, students with disabilities, students with other marginalized identities, etc.)
To check for available student seats, click here.