Using the Giecy portable voice amplifier
During the COVID-19 pandemic, some instructors have been provided with a portable voice amplifier to assist when wearing a face covering. This is a set of instructions for a wearable speaker for use in smaller classroom settings.
- Prior to your class, remove all the items from the box.
- Make sure the voice amplifier has been charged for at least 4 hours before use. There are two battery indicator lights and they will blink until fully charged. When fully charged, both lights will stay lit.
- Place the headset on your head with the “U” shaped wire resting behind your ears. Adjust the microphone so it is positioned about an inch in front of your mouth. Try not to let it brush against your face covering or face shield as this will come through as noise in the voice amplifier.
- Remove the clear plastic cover from the plug on the other end of the headset/microphone cable.
- Insert the plug into the “Mic” port on the voice amplifier.
- Please note that you do not need to use the knob on the voice amplifier labeled “Reverb.” Turn the other knob (labeled “on” and “off.” Turn clockwise to turn “on” and adjust the volume for the voice amplifier.
- Place the voice amplifier on your belt, in your pocket, or use the strap that is provided to wear it over your shoulder. Be sure to aim the voice amplifier toward the class/students.
- At the end of your class for the day, turn the voice amplifier off. Bring the system with you when you leave the classroom. Do not leave it in the classroom. This is your equipment for the duration of the semester and the intent is that you do not share the microphone with others.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the AV Help Desk: email@example.com | (608) 890-4900
To watch a video of how to use the portable voice amplifier, click on the link below or watch below: