Outlook - Delegated/Shared Account Creation and User Access Requests
This document provides an overview of requesting a delegated non-user accounts and how to get users access.
Delegated accounts are non-user accounts that are shared within a departmental or non-user accounts. An example of a delegated (departmental) account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article will explain how to:
- request an account
- request a change of ownership
- request access to a delegated/shared account
Request a Delegated Account
To request a new delegated account, contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com. You will need to provide the name of the account and the owner of the account. The account will need to be renewed annually.
Request a Change of Ownership
To request a change of ownership, fill out the Shared Account Owner Update Form.
This form asks:
- What is the name of the account?
- What is the NetID of the proper owner of this account?
Request Access to a Delegated Account
To request access to a shared account, have the owner of the account fill out the Shared Account Access Update Form.
This form asks:
Question #2 and Question #3 are asked separately since some users may not need to be able to do both things.
- What is the name of the shared account?
- Enter the NetIDs of the users that need to send email as this shared account.
- Enter the NetIDs of the users that need to be able to view and manage email sent to this shared account.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org