OneDrive - Sharing Files/Folders
This document provides instructions for how to share files and folders stored in OneDrive. The process is longer than it will be once we're using Office 365 for email later in 2019. The process will still be valid for sharing with people outside of the uwosh.edu domain.
Sharing Files/Folders from OneDrive
- Select the file(s) or folder(s) you want to share by clicking on the circle to the left of the file/folder icon
- Click on Copy Link at the top of the window
- Click on the bottom button Only the people you specify who have this link can edit
- Under Specific people enter the email addresses of the people you want to have access
- People in the uwosh.edu directory will show up after a few letters are typed
- You can enter addresses that are not in the uwosh.edu domain, you just have to enter the entire email address. You may get a warning about not being able to provide a secure link, if you enter emails from more than one external domain. Consider the needed security of what you're sharing before continuing.
- When you are done entering email addresses, use the checkbox below the name entry area to select whether or not to provide edit access
- Then click Apply - the link to the file/folder will be copied into your computer's memory
- Go to your email app of choice and send an email to the people you are sharing with to provide them with the link by pasting it into the email
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org