Student Employee Accounts
To meet security requirements, student employees must use a unique/individual NetID and email address separate from their academic accounts so that we can manage their work identity without impacting their academic progress.
What Accounts will be Created
The student employee will be given the following accounts:
- Student employee NetID (the user name will be staff + "." + their current student NetID i.e., staff.smithj44)
- Student employee TitanApps account with email address (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Employee Email Accounts
- Students should only use the employee email account for work purposes (email or access to Google drive)
Student accounts are limited to logging in on computer lab computers only. The old generic job accounts were restricted to specific computers. Student employee accounts
do not have these restriction because the use of the account is covered
under employee policy and the account activity is tied to a single
Just as an employee who works in two
different areas of campus has access to computers and resources of both
areas, student employees working in two different areas will have access
to both sets of resources.
How are Student Employee Accounts Created
- Student Employee accounts will be automatically created overnight once all of the necessary information is entered in the Human Resources System (HRS). Accounts cannot be generated for student employees who are not in HRS.
- The student will receive an email with their login credentials once the account is created
Non-Paid Student Employees
- If the student employee is a non-paid intern you will need to fill out the Person of Interest (POI) form and submit to Human Resources
Access to Other Resources
If the student will need access to other resources (i.e. S drive folders) please do the following to request the access:
- Contact the IT Help Desk by emailing email@example.com or calling 920-424-3020 to request a ticket be created for the access
- We will need the full folder path
- We will also seek approval from the manager of the folder if the manager is not the one making the request
NOTE: Graduate Assistants hired through the Graduate School are already considered employees, so they will not need a student employee account. However, if you are hiring a graduate student on your own, they will need a student employee account.
When will the Student Employee Account Deactivate
When student employee status ends in the HRS system the account will automatically be deactivated unless the student is working elsewhere on campus. If the student has access to other resources please contact the Help Desk to request access to those resources be removed.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org