Linux Accounts - Troubleshooting issues
This document explains how to resolve common issues with Linux
How Do I get access to the Linux Computers?
- Account access is granted after starting CS251
Unable to log in
- Ensure that you are using the correct username. This should be identical to your NetID username
- If unable to log in to your Linux account, please contact the help desk at 920-424-3020
- Inform them that this is for a Linux account, and is different from regular NetID
Unable to access Firefox or Chrome browser
- Make sure that you are not logged in anywhere else
- Clear temporary files on the computer
- Open the file explorer and press CTRL + F to show hidden files
- Delete the file labeled .cache
- Make sure that you are not exceeding your storage limit, as this can consume swap memory and prevent certain programs from opening.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org