Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
iMovie - Incorporating Photos
This article will walk through the basics of using photos within an iMovie project.
Importing photos works just like importing clips: either click Import and select the images to be imported, or click and drag them from Desktop or Finder into an event in the Library Pane. Alternatively, iPhoto Library can be chosen in the Library Pane to get access to any images in iPhoto.
Configuring Photo Settings
There are three different ways to have photos appear in a project:
- Fit - scale the image to fit the entire image
- Crop to Fill - crop images that are too large down to size
- Ken Burns - slowly zoom out of the photo
To change how image files display in the project, do the following:
- Go to Window > Movie Properties or press Command + J.
- In the Viewer Pane, click the Settings button.
- Choose either Fit, Crop to Fill, or Ken Burns from the Style option.
Inserting Photos into Project
This works the same as inserting clips into a project. After ensuring that the correct event is selected in the Library Pane, click and drag the photo from the Browser into the Project Timeline Pane. To adjust the time that the picture is displayed from the default of 4 seconds, mouse over the edge of the picture in the Project Timeline Pane and click and drag to the desired length.