Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Microsoft Excel 2016 - Creating and Copying Simple Formulas
This guide will show you how to create and use simple formulas in Excel.
In Excel, there are two simple rules to follow when creating formulas:
- Formulas must start with an = sign.
- Use parentheses () when doing more than one equation in a formula.
- EX. =B2-C2, =(B2-C2) - (D2-F2)
- Option 1
- Type = into the cell.
- Begin typing the name of the formula.
- From the pop-up list, select the desired one.
- Click on the formula tab
- select the desired formula from the different sections on the Formula Tab.
- Hover the cursor over the bottom right corner of the cell with the original formula until the cursor turns into the black/thinner +.
- Left-click and drag until the formula has been copied into all the desired cells. Release the mouse button and the formula will have been copied to the cells.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org