Wireless - Trouble Connecting to TitanWifi
Troubleshooting steps to take if you cannot connect to TitanWifi
Faculty, Staff and Students
Faulty, Staff and Students should log into Titan Wifi using their NetID username and password.
Check the NetID Account
- When logging in with NetID make sure you are not including @uwosh.edu
- If you are having problems with your NetID account contact the IT Help Desk to see if you are locked out or to request a password reset
Recent NetID Password Reset
If you or the Help Desk have reset your password recently and you are experiencing reoccurring account lockouts it is likely because a wireless device is attempting to automatically connect with your old password.
- If your account is locked contact the Help Desk for an unlock
- Go to the wireless setting of your mobile device(s) that may be attempting to connect automatically with the old password
- Forget the Titan Wifi network
- Reconnect to Titan Wifi with your NetID and current password.
Re-attempt to Connect to TitanWifi
If the initial connection doesn't connect.
- Forget/Remove the TitanWifi and Titan Wifi guest network from your device that is having problems
- Forget any other networks that are not needed
- Re-establish the connection to TitanWifi
- Authenticate with your NetID Username and password
- If this doesn't work attempt the manual connection
- Windows Wireless (Windows) - TitanWifi Manual Setup
Wireless RequirementsThe Wi-Fi environment on campus is extremely complex due to the high density of devices that use it.
- It is absolutely recommended that you have a device that supports both Wi-Fi frequency bands
- 2.4 Ghz (802.11g,n) and 5 Ghz (802.11a,n,ac).
- Any device capable of 802.11agn.
- Android, iOS, OSX, Windows are able to connect.
- Any laptop, phone, or game system should be able to connect as long as PEAP and MSCHAPv2 are supported
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org