Obtain remote access for vendors providing software support to campus departments.
How to obtain remote access for vendors
When a department on campus purchases a software product that will require a vendor to access campus owned computer equipment (typically a Server), the Vendor in question will be required to sign and return a Vendor Liability Form found here: Vendor Liability Form
After all signatures have been collected and the form is filed the process for accessing the Server(s) in question will be:
- The vendor will make their client (UWO Department) aware of the need for remote access.
- UWO staff will contact the Help Desk and create a new ticket to have the vendor account enabled.
- The ticket should contain the following information:
- Name and contact info for the vendor.
- What Server(s) they need access too.
- Starting and ending date for access.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org