Canvas - Cross-Listing or Combining Courses
Combining course sites in Canvas is called cross-listing. This is useful if you teach several sections of the same course and only want to manage course data in one location.
This will show you how to manually cross-list or combine courses.
Get the course ID of your main course
We only want to get the ID of your main course. We will do nothing else with your main course.
- Open the course that contains your content
- Write down the Course code contained in the URL of your course (6 digit code)
- Open the course you want to cross-list into your main course
- Choose "Settings" from the course navigation
- Choose the "Sections" tab
- Select the only section that appears in this list
- Choose the "Combine Sections" button
- Type in the 5 digit course ID of your main course in the ID dialogue box and hit your "enter" or "return" key on your keyboard
- If the course title is correct select the "Cross-List this Section button