Canvas - Create a Screen Capture Recording using Kaltura Personal Capture in Canvas
Shows you how to use MyMedia in Canvas to capture a screen recording.
These directions use the new Kaltura Personal Capture tool located in My Media in Canvas. Your computer will need to have access to a camera and microphone.
- Login to canvas.uwosh.edu using your NetID username and password
- Choose "Account > My Media"
Installing Kaltura Capture
- Choose “ Add New > Kaltura Capture “ button. You will be asked to install the Kaltura Capture Tool if you haven't installed it or if your using a new computer. After installing go back and start over with the “Choose Account > My Media” step.
- Kaltura Capture will automatically open ( if it has been installed )
Capture a Screen Recording
- If you have multiple displays select the display you want to capture from OR turn it off completely by selecting the display icon. It should turn grey with a line crossing it out.
- If you have a forward facing camera you’d like to capture (in addition to your presentation) choose it from the “WebCam” drop down button. OR turn if off completely by choosing the webcam icon. It should turn grey with a line crossing it out.
- Choose the Microphone you want to record from
- Choose the "Record" button
When your done with your screen capture
- Choose the "Stop" button and confirm you really want to stop the recording.
- Give your recording a "Title". You can also add a "Tag" and "Description" at this time as well.
- Choose the "Save and upload" button
You will see a progress indicator and after it has reached 100% there will be some processing Kaltura needs to do. After a short wait you will be able to add your video onto a page in Canvas.