Topics Map > IT Services > File Storage & Sharing
Cannot Connect to Shared (S drive)
Troubleshooting steps when no S drive is showing
- Make sure you are logged in to the computer with your employee UWO NetId username.
- Try accessing any website to make sure you have a network connection.
No Network Connection (no websites can be accessed)
- Check that the network cable is plugged into the back of the computer and into an active jack.
Windows - Manually Map (for Off Campus Use on University-Owned Devices)
- Connect to Palo Alto Global Protect VPN Client (log in with your netID credentials, no @uwosh.edu, approve Duo MFA prompt).
- Open File Explorer (looks like a folder on the Taskbar)
- Click on This PC from the left menu.
- Select Computer from the menu on the top.
- Select Map Network Drive twice.
- Type in the following:
- Drive: S
- Folder: \\wfc.uwoad.it.uwosh.edu\Shared
- Select Finish.
- Make sure you are logged in to the computer with your employee NetID username
- In the Finder menu, select Go and then Connect to Server....
- Enter the address smb://wfc.uwoad.it.uwosh.edu/Shared, click the + button to add the server address to Favorites, and press Connect
- Enter your NetID username and password.
- Click Connect.