Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > Device Support
Topics Map > IT Services > File Storage & Sharing
Topics Map > IT Services > IT Security
Topics Map > IT Services > Network/Phones
Topics Map > IT Services > Technology Purchases
Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Manually Update SCCM Software List
Use this to force your campus owned PC to manually check for software updates in Software Center
Update Software in Software Center
On a University owned PC that is running SCCM Software Center, it is sometimes necessary to refresh the software available on the list, especially if the computer has not been used for some time or has been off campus for an extended period.
Note: If you are off campus, you must connect to GlobalProtect before beginning.
- On the system that is running the SCCM Client, open the Control Panel.
- Control Panel is in category mode, choose the System and Security category, if not skip to the next step.
- Locate the Configuration Manager Icon and open by clicking on it.
- On the Configuration Manager Properties box, click on the ACTIONS tab.
- Click on Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle and click on "Run Now."
- Click on Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle and click on "Run Now."
- Click on Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle and click on "Run Now."
- The software in Software Center should update shortly. Pressing on F5 on the keyboard while in the Software Center window will refresh it.
Please be patient and allow time for the computer to look for updates. These processes can take up to 15 minutes and will not alert you when they are complete.
- Click the Install button to begin the installation of any updates that you find.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com