Canvas - Limit Users Ability to interact with only their own section.
When you cross-list (combine) sections in Canvas, students view information about students in all sections combined. Therefore, instructors who combine multiple sections should follow the instructions below in order to reduce potential FERPA concerns. Courses combined in TitanWeb come into Canvas already combined and do not present a FERPA concern.
Limit Users ability to interact only with their section
- Select the "People" tool (1) in your course navigation
- Navigate to the students details page by
- Click on the name of the student (2) to open a side panel.
- Click on the students name again to get to their detail page (3)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and look under Memberships.
- On the Privileges section, click on limit this user to only see fellow section users.