Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Office 365 - Getting Started with Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace as a part of UW Oshkosh's Office 365 suite. It is the main application for chats, calls, meetings, and messages.
Microsoft Teams and Office 365
- How can Microsoft Teams be accessed?
- Microsoft Teams can be access via browser or desktop client (for users using UW Oshkosh devices, please use Software Center or Managed Software Center to download the software)
- Who can create a Microsoft Team?
- Everyone with a valid UW Oshkosh account can create a team. More information here: Office 365 - Create a Microsoft Team
- What email should be used to login to the Teams application?
- Use your UW Oshkosh NetID credentials for Teams.
- Can external accounts (guests) be invited to a Microsoft Team?
- Yes, non-UW Oshkosh accounts can be added as a member of the team. They will be considered a Guest account and may not have all the features of a normal account. (More information: Add guest to a team in Teams)
- More: Microsoft Support FAQs