Note: Archives staff minimal permissions need to be at the very least -
- Circ Operator Limited (scoped to Archives Library)
- Requests Operator (Scoped to Archives Library)
- Fulfillment Operator (Scoped to Archives Library)
- Fulfillment Operator (Scoped to Main Library)
How to create an Alma request for a patron without logging in as them.
As a staff member with circ permissions, you can look up in Alma and see what a patron has checked out and place requests on their behalf.
1. In Alma > from your ARCHIVES Circ Desk
a. Click on Manage Patron Services
b. Either type in the patrons name or scan or type in their barcode.
c. Alma will open their account, where you can click on several tabs:
c. On the next page it will let you know if the item is not available for check and prompt you to select a pickup location
3. To place a request for a UW System owned resource, in Alma (aka something at another ARC)
a. Click on Title Search and type in the title of the item you are looking for.
b. Click on Network tab.
c. Click on the Resource Sharing request option to the right of the item you want.
d. On the next screen type in the patron's name. .
e. The main library will default as the pick-up location. You need to change this to your Archives library.
f. Check the Reading room box and select the pickup desk - important for Madison.
g. Change the level of service to ARCHIVES. (this is very important this moves the request over to the Archives rota.