University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-11-11
approved November 18, 2013
November 11, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:01 p.m.
2. The minutes of the meeting of November 4, 2013 were approved as distributed.
3. The University Committee recommended to Suicide Prevention Coordinator Valerie Kowis that the At-Risk online suicide prevention tool be presented to Faculty Senate; faculty teaching first-year students, including the Freshman Interest Groups; department meetings; residence halls; and teaching assistant coordinators.
4. The UC received an update on the UW-Madison presence in Washington DC from Charlie Hoslet.
5. The UC and the chancellor agreed to charge an ad hoc committee to study issues related to the structure of the leadership of the Graduate School and to submit recommendations by approximately March 1.
6. The UC received an update on Educational Innovation from Jeff Russell, Chris Olsen and Linda Jorn, and invited them to update the Faculty Senate.
7. The UC advised CDCC members Marlys Macken and Tim Shedd on the procedure for proposing changes to FPP 6.27: Campus Diversity and Climate Committee.
8. Motion made (Petty) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
9. Reconvened in open session at 5:10 p.m.
10. The meeting adjourned at 5:13 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty