University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-01-28
approved February 4, 2013
January 28, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Lipton, Petty, Scheufele
The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
1. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Fair to approve the minutes of January 22, 2013 as amended. Unanimous approval.
2. The committee expressed its interest in working with Vince Sweeney to increase the support for the UW System across the state.
3. The committee expressed to both the provost and the vice chancellor for administration its proposal to re-activate the Budget Planning and Analysis Joint Subcommittee to address a number of issues, and asked for their support of a draft charge.
4. The committee will pursue the rationale behind the administration’s determination that the proposal to create the College of the Arts needs legislative approval.
5. Motion by Scheufele, second by Bernard-Donals to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous approval.
6. Reconvene in open session.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty.