Easily create a portable document format (PDF) in either Windows 10 or macOS X
- Open your file in the Windows application that you created it in.
- Choose File > Print.
- Choose Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer in the Select Printer dialog box.
- Click Print. When prompted, type a name for your file, and click Save.
Note: If you don't see Microsoft Print to PDF in your Select Printer options, follow these steps:
- Type Control Panel in the Windows 10 search box next to the start menu and hit enter.
- Choose Programs or Programs & Features depending which option you see.
- In the upper left, under Control Panel Home, choose Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down until you see Microsoft Print to PDF. Check the box to its left and click OK.
See Apple's instruction Save a document as a PDF on Mac.