UW-Madison G Suite - Getting Started with Google Meet
Google Meet is an online video conferencing tool that can be used to schedule meetings, interviews, and more with multiple users from any device that has access to the internet. Note: The information below is subject to change.
Important: Google is temporarily extending the following premium features for Hangouts Meet to all G Suite customers until September 30, 2020:
- Free for UW-Madison G Suite users
- Supported by the UW-Madison G Suite team
- Service accounts are eligible
- Host up to 100 participants for video/audio meetings (see temporary exception above)
- Dial in by phone option
- Integrates with all other G Suite products (ex: Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Host meetings with external (non UW-Madison) participants
- Live captioning
- Present by sharing screen/window
Access Google Hangouts Meet
- Go to https://meet.google.com/ and select Sign in located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your email@example.com email address then click Next.
- Enter your NetID credentials.
Note: Remember to log into your UW-Madison G Suite account and not your personal Google account.
Learn the basics
Learn how to collaborate
Download and print the Google Hangouts Meet cheat sheet
UW-Madison offers free Google products to campus under the G Suite for Education edition. The G Suite for Education edition offers a variety of Google products; however, this tier does not offer every product that is available for G Suite Enterprise for Education edition customers. Some limitations include:
- Cannot record video meetings
- Cannot live-stream
- Cannot broadcast video meetings to a larger group
View a list of applications that offer streaming or recording