WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Cannot Set Homepage in Customizer
This document discusses the issue of not being able to set a homepage in the Customizer and how to fix it.
In this document:
Periodically, users will attempt to set a homepage in the Customizer and the option to change the Homepage Settings will not exist.
|Normal View:||View without Homepage Settings Option:|
Visible Indicators Of Problem
- The Homepage Settings section will only be visible to users who are assigned the role of Administrator. Any Editors within the site will not have access to this section of the site Customizer.
- The page that you want to designate as your homepage remains in Draft status. Pages that are not published cannot be used as a homepage (nor can they be used in any navigation menus that you will want to create).
- A site Administrator will have to update the user's role so that they can see and edit the Homepage Settings section of the Customizer.
- To get the Homepage Settings option to appear in the Customizer, create and/or publish the page that you wish to set as your homepage. Then, this option should appear for you.
- When you are building out your site and it is still publishing to the .wiscweb.wisc.edu domain, it is not being indexed by search engines. Therefore, it is not necessary to publish to Draft unless you are worried the content might be found by others. Please remember: if a page only exists in Draft status, it cannot be set as the homepage and cannot be added to any menus.