Submit grade changes after grades have been posted to students' records.
After a grade change request is submitted, the student's dean's office and the Office of the Registrar will each review and process the grade change. The new grade should appear on the student's record in 3-5 business days.
Some instructors will not have the required security settings that allow grade changes. If grading access needs to be adjusted, contact your departmental timetable representative
For grading assistance, email email@example.com
or call (608) 262-3811.
- Login to MyUW, then select the Faculty Center tile.
- Main page will display your schedule for the current term. To view the schedule for a different term, click the Change Term button.
- For the student whose grade needs to be changed, click on the appropriate grade roster icon in which the student was enrolled.
A course can have one to three possible types of grade rosters:
- Posted Grade Roster (by grading section)
- Packaged Grade Roster
- XL-MW Grade Roster (Crosslisted-Meets With)
- In the grade roster:
- Locate the correct student
Can't find the student on the roster? See Non-Roster Grade Change.
- Click the Request Grade Change button
- In the Grade Change Request page, complete the following fields:
- Change Grade To - New grade for student
To see a list of valid grade entries, click on the magnifying glass, click Look Up, and select the grade
- Reason for Change - Appropriate selection from drop down list
- Enter Date Completed
Warning: If the student is expected to graduate in the term the course was taken, it is vital that the 'date completed' is before the last day of that term.
- Click Submit to Academic Dean's Office button to submit the grade change request
The student's dean's office and the Office of the Registrar will each review and process the grade change.
The new grade should appear on the student's record in 3-5 business days.
Check the status of a submitted request:
Request submitted- Grade Change Status column will read "Submitted to Dean's Office".
Grade changed- Grade Change Status column will read "Grade has been changed", Official Grade column will show the new grade.