Faculty are never able to see the detailed evaluation responses from a particular student.
Occasionally, faculty wish to grant extra credit points to students if they complete the AEFIS course evaluation. This document explains how the local AEFIS department or school administrator can grant instructors that permission.
However, the Learn@UW-Madison team recommends against this method of granting extra credit, because it can be difficult to tracking and keep up-to-date. Instead, we suggest an alternative approach: Grant extra credit to all students, provided the overall evaluation response rate surpasses, say, 85%. To check the overall response rates for an evaluation, refer to AEFIS - Eval Results - Viewing Survey Response Rates and Results (Instructor).
Questions should be directed to learnUWsupport@wisc.edu.
Allow Faculty to Access List of Evaluation Participants
Locate and open the AEFIS Department to be edited
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines commonly called the hamburger menu) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Under the Organizational Hierarchy header, select Departments. (If you are a college admin, select Colleges.)
- The Available Departments page lists all of the departments for which you are an administrator. If you submit Program Assessment Reports you will see all departments, however, you will only be able to edit the one(s) you have rights to edit. Find your department and select Manage on the right side of the page.
- Your Department Home page will open. From here you can manage a range of settings and information for your department.
- From the AEFIS main menu, select Departments.
- Use the filters to locate the department in question.
- Select the Manage button )to the right).
- From the Department Manager navigation bar, select Survey Settings.
- Near the top of the list of settings, locate and select a dropdown field accompanied by the text "Faculty can view a list of course evaluation participants whom have completed surveys when survey status is".
- Select either "In Progress" or "Pending Results".
- Select Save.