LastPass - What are the benefits of using LastPass?
This document will detail the benefits of using LastPass
Password reuse is the largest cause of breaches today with over 80% of breaches coming directly from password reuse. LastPass makes it easy to have a different password at every site you use all over the internet and gives you secure access to those sites on every computer, tablet, or phone you use. Here are just a few benefits that LastPass provides
- Makes it easy to never reuse passwords
- Makes remembering many different passwords a thing of the past
- Makes your passwords available where you need them, in your browser
- It encrypts and decrypts your data on your local device only, none of your data is accessible by LastPass
- Locally stores all of your passwords, so even if the LastPass servers are unavailable your passwords will still be accessable
- Integrates with your browser, no more copying and pasting from one application to another
- Warns you when you are using the same password in multiple locations
- Works a cross platforms and devices. Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, more? Yes, it works there.
- Makes it easy to create random and unique passwords for any site you visit
- Syncs your logins, web sites, notes, credit cards, any secrets you want to keep in LastPass, everywhere you go.
LastPass increases your security and your productivity, which is why we recommend it for all UW faculty, staff, and students.