This document will show you how to create an issue that can be then be added to a gadget and placed on a JIRA Dashboard. In the past, the specific collections have been called queries, issues and searches.
1. Open JIRA.
2. On the top navigation bar, click on Issues (see the red box in the image below).
3. A drop-down menu will appear.
4. Select Manage Filters from that menu (see the red box in the image below).
5. From the Manage Filters screen, you may search for an Issue filter. There is a left navigation bar where you may search:
1. Issues > Current Search
2. Click on the New Search button (see the red box in the image below).
3. You will be presented with a number of fields which you use to narrow your search:
4. Click the Submit button and carefully name your Filter. Take note of it if you will be applying it to a Gadget on a Dashboard.
The advanced search allows you to build structured queries using the Jira Query Language (JQL) to search for issues. You can specify criteria that you can't define in the quick or basic searches (the
ORDER BY clause, for example).
JQL is not a database query language, even though it uses SQL-like syntax.
Please look at Atlassian's documentation with details on how to create a query via JQL.