This issue affects the Course Summary tool in all timetable courses.
This issue is present as of 3/6/2020.
As a workaround, instructors can upload an image to the Files section of their Canvas course, copy the file location, and insert it into the Course Summary:
- Upload the image to the Canvas Files tool.
- In the file viewer, right click the image title and select Copy Link Location.
- Navigate to the Course Summary and click Edit.
- Click on the Insert/edit image icon in the Rich Content Editor.
- Paste in the URL you copied. Note that it should take the format https://canvas.wisc.edu/files/xxxxxxx/download?download_frd=1.
- Add an image description and edit the image size, if desired. Click Save to insert the image.
- Click Update to save changes to the Course Summary.