DARS/Students - Request a What If DARS audit for major/certificate not declared
This provides information on how students can request What If audits within the Course Search & Enroll app (both using planned courses or not).
What-if DARS audits are used when a student wants to run courses through a major/cert/additional major that they have not yet declared.
For information on how to access the DARS request page within Course Search & Enroll app, see https://kb.wisc.edu/94056.
Click here to learn how to read a DARS audit report
To request a What-if audit in DARS within Course Search & Enroll app:
1. Go to the 'What-if' Audit section of request page:
2. Select Run new 'what if' audit
3. Select School, College or Population
4. Select Academic Plan/Program:
5. Choose audit settings:
6. For a What if audit, students may choose:
- to keep or change Honors status (available for some schools/colleges)
- to include courses from previous, current, future, and planned terms
- to select a Degree Plan from their own Degree Planner if wanting to view planned terms in the What If audit
7. After all audit settings are complete, select Next
8. If user selected to use planned courses, a prompt to select credits for variable credit planned courses will appear:
9. To change audit settings, select Back
10. To request 'what-if' audit, select Request audit
11. While waiting for audit to process, you will see "Audit in Progress" in the status column:
12. To view the completed audit, select View:
14. To download a PDF version of completed audit, select download icon: