WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Save A Page or Post As Draft
Wordpress gives you the option to save your pages or posts as drafts so that you can continue to work on them without publishing it immediately.
Please note that saving as Draft will remove the page from public viewing and the link will no longer be shareable with non-editors of the site. Editors of the site must be logged in in order to view the live URL of a draft page. Draft pages that were previously published and available in navigation menus will be removed from the menus until the page is re-published.
Saving a New Page or Post as Draft
To save a page or post as a draft so that it is not yet live for your audience to consume, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the content area that you want to create the item in and click Add New.
- Add and edit your content as you see fit.
- Once you are ready, click the Save Draft button in the Publish section in the upper right section of your new content item.
You can now come back to this page or post to edit it as you see fit. Once you are ready to make it live for your audience to see, click the Publish button. For more information on creating pages, please see WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating A Page.
Updating a Published Page to Draft Status
To save a currently published page as draft, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the page you'd like to update.
- Make any desired changes to the page content.
- Locate the Publish box in the top right corner of the page
- Select Edit from the page "Status:" field
- From the dropdown, choose Draft and click the OK button
- Click the blue Update button
- Pages that are set as draft are not live for your audience to see, so please be sure not to inadvertently put a published page back into a Draft status, as it will not be available for viewing.
- If you would like to show a draft page to someone, they will need to be an editor or administrator in the project. To add them, please follow the instructions here: Adding New Users to a WiscWeb Project