eduroam - First Time Setup
This document explains the process for connecting with eduroam on different types of devices by first establishing a network profile.
Before going through the installation instructions below, consider using the auto-detecting installation site offered here: https://cat.eduroam.org/idp=6417
- Download UW-Madison eduroam Installer
for Windows 7/8/10. (Note: This will *not* work for XP/Vista)
- Open/Run the installer. You may receive a User Account Control prompt. Click on Yes:
- A blank command prompt will show and state
Profile eduroam is added on interface. . .
Press any key to continue...
Press any key on the keyboard to continue
- The profile is installed. To connect, proceed to [Link for document 22077 is unavailable at this time.]
Download UW-Madison eduroam Profile Installer
(Safari Users: Right-Click, Download Linked File As...)
If you have the iPhone Configuration Utility installed the profile will not open with System Preferences by Default!
- In order to force the profile to open with System Preferences, Control-Click (or Right-Mouse Click) the profile, Select Open With... System Preferences.
- Click Show Profile to view and verify. Even if the profile shows Unsigned instead of Verified,
it is fine to proceed with the installation.
- Enter your fully-qualified
NetID@wisc.edu and NetID Password
- Finally, you may be prompted for local machine credentials to install the profile.
- In order for your computer to default to eduroam you may need to move it to top of your list or remove UWNet
-Open the System Preferences window.
-In the Internet & Wireless section, click Network.
the Network window's left-hand column, select Wi-Fi.
-Click the Advanced... button in the lower right area
of the window.
-In the list of preferred networks, highlight UWNet and click the minus button or move eduroam.
-After removing UWNet from the list or moving eduroam, click OK and close any open windows. Answer OK/Yes
iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)
- From the iOS device, download UW-Madison eduroam iOS Profile.
- Tap Allow to download the network profile to the device. Once successful, a message saying the profile has been downloaded should appear:
- Open the settings app on the device, and navigate to the new Profile Downloaded at the top:
- On the Install Profile page, tap the Install option in the top right.
- Tap the Install that appears on the bottom to install the profile. Note: If there is a passcode set on the device, it will be prompted:
- Once the profile is installed, go the to Wi-Fi settings and select eduroam from the list of networks that appear. It will prompt for a username first, which should be the NetID email (NetID@wisc.edu) for the user. After tapping Next, a similar screen will appear to type in the password for that NetID.
- The eduroam network will appear under the Wi-Fi at the top. The device is now connected:
In the General Settings, Make sure WiFi is turned on.
If you have not already done so, download the Eduroam security certificate on your phone from https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/comodo/Knowledgebase/Article/View/853/74/addtrustexternalcaroot
Install the downloaded certificate by pressing the download button. The file will likely install automatically, and may prompt you to verify your identity. If it does not install automatically, locate it in your files and open it.
Give the certificate a name, and make sure Wi-Fi is selected under the "Used for" category.
- Select the eduroam SSID
Configure the Android supplicant as follows:
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
CA certificate: Select the certificate you downloaded and named earlier
- Press connect, and you should now be connected!