This document guides you through the process of completing and submitting the TA Early Report for fall and spring semesters. This report is due each October and March.
Documents & Deadlines
- TA Early Report - updated for Spring 2022 semester
- Deadlines for the 2021-22 Academic Year:
- Fall 2021: October 15, 2021
- Spring 2022: March 1, 2022
- Email the report to Cathy Yu at email@example.com
- Naming convention: Departmentname_EarlyReport_Spring 2022
Background: TA Early Report
The TA Early Report is due to Teaching & Learning Administration in L&S each semester. This report includes final appointments for Teaching Assistants, as well as Teaching Specialists (Academic Staff title, previously 'Faculty Assistant') and UAs (Undergrad Assistants).
The report is typically due in mid-October for the fall semester, and early March for the spring semester.
Instructions for the TA Early Report
1. Departmental Details
At the top of the spreadsheet, indicate your department name and name of preparer(s).
2. 'List of TAs' table
List the Teaching Assistants, Teaching Specialists and Undergraduate Assistants for the given semester.
- Name (Last, First). TA name.
- Course. Course Assignment
- Appt Type. Indicate if the appointment is for a TA (teaching assistant), Teaching Specialist, or UA (undergrad assistant).
- Funding. This is a dropdown list, and is populated by the ‘Funding’ table at the bottom of the page. Add rows to that table for additional funding sources.
- Appt %. List the appointment % level.
- C-Basis Rate. List the full-time, C-Basis / 9-month rate (for standard rates see:https://kb.wisc.edu/ls/28638)
- Gross Salary. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields. This calculation assumes that the appointment is semester-length.
- FTE. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields.
3. Totals by Appt Type
This table on the form is informational only; do not make changes. It shows the headcount and salary cost by appointment type based on the 'List of TAs' table.
- This table includes some common funding sources (TA 101 budget, and 131 profit).
- You may add rows for other funding sources (e.g., 144 funding, departmental 131 funding).
- The ‘Salary’ column automatically calculates based on the ‘List of TAs' table.
Contacts for L&S Administration
- L&S Teaching & Learning Administration