Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Publishing a Storyline module with xAPI
This document describes how to publish a Storyline module with xAPI for use with the Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting (ACAR) solution at UW-Madison.
Publishing a Storyline module with xAPI
You will need to publish your Storyline module with xAPI if you want to use it with the content authoring solution:
- When you are ready to publish your project click File → Publish.
- Click the LMS tab on the left.
- Give your project a title and make sure you select a folder to publish it to that you can find later.
- Click the drop-down next to LMS and select Tin Can API.
- Click the Reporting and Tracking button. A Reporting and Tracking window will open.
- Enter a Title, Description, Identifier that are unique for your project:
- Click on the Tracking tab.
- In order to ensure analytics, including student responses to each question, are available in Learning Locker, select the second option Track using quiz result and select the results slide to use:
- Click the OK button to close the Reporting and Tracking Options window.
- Click the Publish button. Storyline has published your project to the folder you specified in step 3.
- Click the ZIP
button to create a ZIP folder of your published files. Make note of
where this is as you'll need it for the next step to upload to WordPress
as outlined in Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Uploading a Storyline module to WordPress/GrassBlade
If you are planning to use your module as a graded assignment in Canvas, the passing score needs to be set in the Quiz results slide.