WiscIT - Looking up Subcategories and Default/Escalation Teams with Table Management
This document outlines the process of using Table Management to look up default teams.
Table of Contents
The Table Management Tool within WiscIT allows users to view information that is stored within its Cherwell
databases. The most commonly used example is the set of Incident Subcategories, which can show which team an
incident will be escalated to.
Accessing Table Management
- Log into WiscIT
- Navigate to Tools > Table Management
- Set the dropdown menu Type to Incident Subcategory
- The list of subcategories will display. See WiscIT - Manipulating Search Results and WiscIT - Exporting Search Results for
ways to analyze these results.
Using the Incident Subcategory Table to Locate Default Teams
To see which issues route to a certain team:
- Start by selecting the Incident Subcategory option from the drop-down menu. Then, click the Show Search button.
- Enter in the search in the Search field, then click Go or hit enter on your keyboard to search.
- The default team for the the subcategory should now be listed under the Default Team section: