Kaltura - MediaSpace Video Editing Tools (UW-Madison)
This document outlines how to access and use the Video Editing Tools in Kaltura MediaSpace.
The current release of the Kaltura Video Editing Tools a relatively basic online video editing tool. Advanced editing will require installation and use of local software like Adobe Premiere. The current release of the video editing tools supports the following features:
- Clipping a media entry
- Trimming a media entry
- Creating and Editing Interactive Video Quizzes. See link for more information.
You must be the owner or co-editor of the media to use Kaltura Video Editing Tools, or have permissions to create clips of media entries.
Launching the Kaltura Video Editing Tools
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Option 1: Click on the media’s Edit button which looks like a pencil:
Click the Launch Editor button:
- Option 2: Click on the video thumbnail from the My Media page.
Select Launch Editor from the Actions drop down menu:
- The Kaltura Editor window is displayed.
For detailed explanations on how to use all of the features in the Kaltura Video Editor see link: