WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Adding a User to Your Site
This document describes the steps to follow when adding a user to your WiscWeb WordPress site. If you have troubles adding a new user, please review our Troubleshooting tips at the bottom of this page.
- You must be a Site Administrator in order to add a new user to your site
- The user you are adding must have logged into WiscWeb once in order for the system to register their credentials. Have them navigate to https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/wp-admin from a private browsing window and login with their NetID credentials. Failure to complete this step will result in an error when you try to add them to your project.
Adding a User
Please use the following steps to add a user:
- Access the Dashboard for your site
- Click on Users to access your list of users
- Click on the Add Existing Button
- Enter the Primary Email Address (this could be NetID@wisc.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org, you will have to be aware of which email address you need to use here) of the user you would like to add
- Select the Role you would like to assign this user (most users will be added as Administrators or Editors)
- Click on Add Existing User
When completed, you will see the above confirmation message. The user will receive an email that tells them they have been added to this site and asks them to confirm. Once they click on the confirm link they will be added to your site. Please note that if they are not logged in with NetID credentials when they click the link, they will receive an error message.
The following are reasons you may not be able to add a new user to your project: