WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Text Block Page Element
This document explains what a Text Block is and how to add one to your pages in WiscWeb.
In this document:
- Purpose and use
- Adding a Text Block
- Visual and code editing options
- Style settings
- Best practice recommendation
Text Blocks allow you to have an editable blocks of text for you to add to your site. You can add and format text and media to display in your Text Blocks. They function similar to editing text in a Microsoft Word document. The Text Block is available in the One, Two, and Three Column Content Layout option.
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add a Text Block.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add a Text Block.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Text Block.
The visual tab offers a WYSIWYG ("What You See Is What You Get") editor that allows you to add your content without knowing how to code. The icons offer standard options that can be found in other word processing software like Word and Google Docs. You can also use the Visual tab to add an image for your Media Library to your Text Block.
The text tab offers those with HTML knowledge to add HTML to the page and stylize their text as they'd like using source code. You can also use this section to add embed codes from third party applications.
The Text Block offers three addition style settings. These options are located at the bottom of the page element under the "Style Settings" heading.
In content layouts with a white background, these will create a box around the content with a light gray fill. In all other backgrounds, the fill will appear in white.
These design flourishes work best for white and light gray content layout backgrounds.
Check the "Drop Shadow" setting to add a box with a basic drop shadow around your text content.
UW Card Style
Check the "UW Card Style" setting to add a box around your content, with a red line border at the bottom of the box.
Both: Drop Shadow with UW Card Style
Check both boxes to add a basic drop shadow with a red line border at the bottom of the box.
- Copying and pasting text from Microsoft Word, an Adobe PDF, or other document editing programs can have varying results. After pasting, look at the Text tab to see if any extraneous code has been added to your site. It could result in accessibility or usability issues for your content.