Former Employees - Accessing Earning, Leave, Tax, and Benefit Statements

This document explains how former employees (faculty, staff, and student) can obtain copies of their earning, tax and benefit statements. When affiliation with the University of Wisconsin ends, employees lose access to HRS. This will prevent former employees from accessing their tax and earnings statements electronically. Former employees will also not be able to update their address information.

Why am I losing access?

You will no longer be able to access your employee information in HRS after your employment has ended. Your affiliation with the university determines your access to many campus services. 

If you believe you have lost access or been directed to this page in error, please contact your Human Resources to confirm your employment status has been correctly entered. If further assistance is needed after consulting with your HR representative, please contact UW-Shared Services

When will I lose access?


You will lose access to Human Resource Services on your role's appointment end date. This includes earning, leave, tax, and benefit statements.


You will lose access to the MyUW Portal 24 months after your appointment end date. 

Other Services

For deactivation information for other common UW Madison services, please see Leaving the University of Wisconsin Madison.

What should I do to access my HRS information?

For questions on Leave and Benefit information or to update your mailing address, please contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Support at

To request copies of Earning statements, please contact your former payroll office or email UW Shared Services - Service Operations Support at

To request copies of Tax Statements (i.e. W-2), you must submit a request using the Duplicate Statement Request Form.

See Also: