create using circa 90s era html
For new version of outlook you need to add the old style attach file button before following these steps. Here are instructions on how to add that: https://www.msoutlook.info/question/classic-attach-file-button
when viewing an html page carefully crafted to be a template for email -> save the webpage from your browser.
To get into outlook (note in 7 that you need to change the default "insert" behavior).
- Open Outlook.
- Select the Create New-Email icon from the menu bar.
- From the top navigation menu options choose Insert.
- Select the Attach File icon.
- Navigate to the HTML file you want to insert.
- Select the file (highlight it)
- From the Insert Drop Down Menu select Insert as Text.
File -> Save
File -> Save As
select Outlook TemplateOn the Home tab, in the New group, click New
Items, point to More Items, and then Choose Form. In the Choose Form
dialog box, in Look In, click User Templates in File System.