Canvas - How to Embed Kaltura Media in Canvas (UW-Madison)
This page provides provides Canvas users with instructions on how to embed Kaltura media into Canvas pages, discussion posts, quiz descriptions, etc.
- Move your cursor to the point in your Canvas page where you want to insert a Kaltura MediaSpace video.
- Click the blue V icon to view the More External Tools menu. Select Kaltura Media from the drop-down list.
- A window titled Kaltura Media will open showing the media content associated with your Kaltura account.
- Scroll to the video you want to embed. Click the Select button to embed the video in your page.
Optional: If you would like to select a size other than medium (default), click the arrow next to the Select button to open a drop-down menu and choose the size you want to embed.
- The video will show up on your Canvas page. You can continue to edit the page and add text if you'd like. Once you're done click Save.
- Canvas will display your page with your embedded Kaltura video.