University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-04-29
approved May 6, 2013
April 29, 2013
Present: Cook, Fair, Lipton, Petty, Scheufele
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. Motion by Scheufele, second by Petty to approve the School of Veterinary Medicine tenure track/clinical track transfer policy, pending incorporation of changes suggested to Dean Mark Markel. Unanimous.
3. Motion by Petty, second by Lipton to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
4. Reconvene in open session at 1:56 p.m.
5. Motion by Petty, second by Lipton to approve the minutes of the meeting of April 24, 2013
6. The committee agreed to pass along a request from a previous UC chair that the dean of the Graduate School issue a statement, co-signed by the provost, regarding the federal findings in the Michele Basso case.
7. The committee agreed to provide information about general governance matters if requested during the development of university staff governance systems.
8. The UC does not support the Resolution Regarding Climate Change and Fossil Fuels Divestment. The UC is willing to appoint an ad hoc committee to further study the issues presented in the resolution upon the request of the Faculty Senate.
9. (5:15) Follow-up
10. (5:30) Adjourn