University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-05-06
May 6, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Lipton
Absent: Petty, Scheufele
1. The meeting began at 1:02 p.m.
2. The UC will ask the L&S APC to vote on how the formation of a College of the Arts would affect the College of Letters and Science positively and negatively, and on whether they are favorably disposed to allow the Department of Theatre and Drama to depart L&S.
3. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Lipton to approve the minutes of the meeting of April 29, 2013. Unanimous.
4. Motion by Fair, second by Lipton to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
5. Reconvene in open session at 1:52 p.m.
6. In response to the Retirement Issues Committee’s request to have a staff member from the Office of Human Resources serve as an ex officio member, the UC recommends that the Retirement Issues Committee consider asking ASEC to appoint an OHR staff member to one of the academic staff openings.
7. The meeting adjourned at 3:05 p.m.