University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-07-01
July 1, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar-Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:31 p.m.
2. Motion by Cook, second by Farrar-Edwards to approve minutes of the meetings of June 17 and June 24, 2013. Unanimous.
3. The UC will invite representatives from the ombuds program to discuss the issue of ‘bullying’ by faculty.
4. Michael Bernard-Donals, Mark Cook, and Dorothy Farrar-Edwards have agreed to provide input to Andrea Poehling regarding the reorganization of the Office of the Secretary of the Faculty.
5. Motion by Farrar-Edwards, second by Fair to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
6. Reconvene in open session at 3:02 p.m.
7. The University Committee met with Ruth Litovsky, chair of the Ad Hoc Diversity Plan Committee, and requested that the five working groups each submit their portion of the 'draft report of Indicators, Goals, Strategies and Initiatives' in late July or early August, and that the committee submit a framework for the campus diversity plan in October. Professor Litovsky agreed to provide an update on the committee’s work at the October Faculty Senate meeting.
8. Motion to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
9. Reconvene in open session at 5:01 p.m.
10. The meeting adjourned at 5:15 p.m.