University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-11-25
approved December 2, 2013
November 25, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. Minutes of the meeting of November 18, 2013 were approved as amended.
3. The UC received an update on the Ad Hoc Committee on Fossil Fuel Use and Climate Change from Professor Don Downs, and invites Professor Downs to present at the February Faculty Senate meeting. Professor Downs expects to submit the committee’s report to the Office of the Secretary of the Faculty by the end of December.
4. The UC deferred consideration of proposed changes to FPP 6.56: Women in the University, Committee on (document 130423) until spring semester.
5. The UC suggested revisions to the School of Nursing track transfer policy and will invite Dean Katharyn May to discuss those suggestions.
6. The University Committee supported Provost DeLuca and Vice Provost Stern’s proposed schedule of faculty promotional base increases based on the Consumer Price Index.
7. Motion made (Edwards) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
8. The committee reconvened in open session at 3:32 p.m.
9. After hearing a presentation on Enterprise IT Decision-Making from Steve Hahn, the University Committee will discuss which body should be responsible for campus-wide IT spending. The UC requests more information about which individuals, including faculty members, will be on the Planning Board.
10. The UC will not meet on December 30 or January 20, but will otherwise meet at its regular time in December and January. The committee will meet at 1:00 on January 22.
11. The UC and Professor Steve Cramer agreed that Professor Cramer will present the Ad Hoc Tuition Policy Committee report at the February Faculty Senate meeting. Professor Cramer expects to submit the committee’s report to the Office of the Secretary of the Faculty by mid-January.
12. Motion made (Cook) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
13. The meeting adjourned at 4:57 p.m. from closed session.