University Committee Meeting Minutes 2014-03-17
March 17, 2014
Present: Michael Bernard-Donals, Jo Ellen Fair, M. Elizabeth Meyerand, Grant Petty, Dorothy Farrar-Edwards (joined at 2:30)
Absent: Mark Cook
Meeting convened: 1:03
1. Minutes of the March 10, 2014 meeting (Document 130472) approved unanimously as amended.
2. Chancellor Blank discussed options for in- and out-of-of-state tuition models.
3. Updates and Announcements:
a. Committee on Diversity and Climate report scheduled for today is deferred.
b. Jack O’Meara, giving the PROFS update, said that Wisconsin legislative bills affecting UW-Madison are not likely to be passed during this regular session.
3. Provost DeLuca discussed:
a. the next steps for the ad hoc diversity plan; and
b. the budget implications of the Theater and Drama Department move from Letters & Science to the School of Education
4. Committee on Diversity and Climate-Marlys Macken
Deferred to 3/24
5. Officer Education Committee Annual Report-Linda Oakley
Rescheduled for April.
6. Motion by Fair to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters; 2nd by Farrar Edwards.
Reconvened to open session at 3:30
7. Library Committee Annual Report- Karen Britland and Ed Van Gemert
8. Ad Hoc Committee on Civility-Lisa Martin. Discussed where the new language should go in the Faculty Legislation. The Committee will further discuss and make a recommendation; they will also write up procedures.
9. VCRGE Working Group- discussion of their revised report.
Meeting adjourned: 4:39PM
Office of the Secretary of the Faculty