Windows 7, 8, 10 - Microsoft Office 2016 Visual Installation Guide
This document details the installation of Microsoft Office 2016 for windows via the Campus Software Library.
- Please note that Office 2016 is not compatible with Windows XP, or Windows Vista. XP and Vista users can still access the online versions of the Office software in a browser via the Outlook Web App.
- Retired and Emeritus faculty are not eligible for this license. They are still able to purchase Office 365 University provided they do not have an existing Office 365 University account.
Log in to Outlook Web App using your NetID and password.
Click on The Menu icon in the top left corner of your inbox.
- Click Office 365
- Click "Install Office apps"
- For standard install options, select "Office 365 apps". This will work fine for most people and most devices. If you need/want to download a different version, such as the 64 bit version if you're on a Windows machine, instead select "Other install options" and then pick your version.
- Upon successful installation Word will open automatically and prompt you to enter an email address. You must use your @wisc.edu address.
- After entering your Wisc email address you will be redirected to the standard NetID login page. Log in with your credentials to complete the registration.