Wisc Account Administration site - Known Issues
- "Accounts without authorized NetID's" report comes back blank
- This issue occurs regardless of the domain or whether there are accounts which are not linked.
Accounts in Office 365
- Permissions are not always applied
- When a service account or resource is linked to a NetID or the NetID is set as the owner, the NetID receives full mailbox permissions to the account. Because the way Microsoft handles permissions involves the command for full mailbox permissions to pass through several layers, some users report the full mailbox permissions were not applied. If this is the case, either repair the permissions or re-link the NetID or re-add it as an owner. If the permissions still are not successfully applied, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
- Safari error "Validation failed. Please try again later."
- Error 1001 when viewing the service or resource account listing page
- The most likely reason for this error is due to an invalid character entered within the description field. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk and provide them with the specific page and account you were just interacting with within the Wisc Account Administration site.
- Error 1001 when searching for a NetID account (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The means that the NetID account is valid but it is currently not active for Office 365 service. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk if you need to further troubleshoot this issue.
- Unable to administer Microsoft Group