With the collaborators feature you are able to designate other users as the owner of a media item, or add other users as co-editors and co-publishers of your media items. This is useful if you work in a collaborative environment in which other people need to edit or publish media for you. For example an instructor uploads a video and designates a local support person as a co-editor and/or co-publisher so that person can edit the description, and embed the content in a learning management system or departmental website. For more information on the collaboration feature, please see the Kaltura document: Change Media Owner and Add Collaborator. To access the Collaobration tab:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox, go to Kaltura MediaSpace, and login: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) . You can also access your Kaltura MediaSpace media inside Canvas by using Kaltura My Media which allows you to skip to step 3.
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit.
Click on the media’s Edit button which looks like a pencil:
- Click the Collaboration tab:
- Click Change media owner button to change the media owner, or the + Add Collaborator button to add a co-editor, co-publisher, or co-viewer to the media item. You can add a person by name or NetID - we suggest you use the person's NetID. The person needs to have logged into Kaltura MediaSpace at least once to be available to be added.
- Co-Editor: Co-Editors can edit the entry's details and metadata, trim media, replace media, edit captions, edit chapters and edit slides. Co-editors cannot delete media or add new co-editors and co-publishers. Co-editors can see the analytics page for the media they co-edit.
- Co-Publisher: Co-Publishers can publish the media anywhere that the co-publishing user has rights to publish.
- Co-Viewer: Co-Viewers can view media, even if you have not published it.
| Permission Level
|| View Media
|| Publish Media
|| Edit Captions
|| Delete Media
|| Add Co-Editors, Co-Publishers, or transfer media ownership
- The person you are trying to add must have logged into Kaltura MediaSpace at least once in order for you to be able to find a person and add them as a collaborator. If the user has not logged in at least once, you will get an error message: "Error: user does not exist". Once you've confirmed the user has logged into http://mediaspace.wisc.edu/ try adding them to the channel again.
- If you would like to retain access to media but change ownership from you to someone else, make sure you add yourself as a co-editor/publisher before changing the owner.
Only Kaltura administrators can update the co-owners or co-publishers of multiple media items at a time. To request updates to multiple media items, see Kaltura - Requesting changes including ownership, download, co-editor/co-publisher/co-viewer and restoring deleted media (UW-Madison).